Sunday, November 27, 2011

Does Jesus Need My Permission To Save Me? Part 5

     We must believe to be saved, and John 3:16 tells us that whoever believes in Jesus will not perish, but have everlasting life;  but it does not tell us who CAN and WILL believe.

     John 6:44 - (Jesus said), "NO ONE CAN COME TO ME UNLESS THE FATHER WHO SENT ME DRAWS HIM.  And I will raise him up on the last day."  Only those the Father draws to Jesus CAN come to Him.  All others are UNABLE to come to him.

     John 6:37 - (Jesus said), "All the Father gives (draws to) me WILL COME to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out."  Here we see that God's SAVING GRACE IS IRRESISTIBLE - those the Father gives to Jesus WILL COME to Him for salvation.

     Only God's chosen people (the elect) CAN  and  WILL believe in Jesus.  All others CANNOT and WILL NOT believe. 
     John 10:26-29 - (Jesus said), "But you (Jews gathered around Him) do not believe because YOU ARE NOT PART OF MY FLOCK.  MY SHEEP hear my voice, and I KNOW THEM, and THEY FOLLOW ME."
     "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."

     Notice that Jesus did NOT say, "You are not part of my flock because you don't believe."  He said, "You do not believe because you are not part of my flock." 
    

     Jesus also said no one can snatch them out of His hand or the Father's hand, showing that both Son and Father securely hold all believers in their hands.


     All of this is further proof of God's sovereignty in salvation!

*************************************************************************************

     In part six, an objection to God's divine election answered.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment