Thursday, August 23, 2012

God is Our Refuge



          Refuge - "Shelter or protection from danger or distress.  A place that
     provides protection."


                                                            **********


          God is called a refuge for believers throughout the psalms.

          God provided many safe places for David as he fled his enemies,
     but God Himself is the ultimate refuge for His people. 

         
                                     "Keep me safe, O God, for in you I
                                       take refuge."
                                                                      Psalm 16:1


                                     "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and
                                       my deliverer;  my God is my rock, in whom
                                       I take refuge."
                                                                      Psalm 18:1a


                                      "God is our refuge and strength, an
                                        ever present help in trouble."
                                                                      Psalm 46:1


                                      "Have mercy on me, O God, have
                                        mercy on me, for in you my soul
                                        takes refuge."
                                                                       Psalm 57:1


          David encouraged believers to trust in God who would protect them.


                                      "Trust in Him at all times, O people;
                                        pour out your hearts to Him,
                                        for God is our refuge."
                                                                       Psalm 62:8


                                      "But the LORD has become my fortress,
                                       and my God the rock in whom I take
                                       refuge."
                                                                        Psalm 94:22


          God's word is flawless and pure, and His ways are perfect.


                                      "As for God, His way is perfect;
                                       the word of the LORD is flawless.
                                       He is a shield for all who take
                                       refuge in Him."
                                                                        Psalm 18:30


                                     "Every word of God is flawless;
                                      He is a shield to those who take
                                      refuge in Him."
                                                                       Proverbs 30:5


                                                          **********


          God provides His people today with a refuge -- the safest place found
     anywhere -- in His hands.


                                     (Jesus said), "My sheep listen to my voice;
                                     I know them, and they follow me.  I give
                                     them eternal life, and they shall never per-
                                     ish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
                                     My Father, who has given them to me, is
                                     greater than all; no one can snatch them
                                     out of my Father's hand."
                                                                          John 10:27-29

No comments:

Post a Comment