Sunday, March 31, 2013

Resurrection






                                                     "There was a violent earthquake, for an angel
                                                       of the Lord came down from heaven and
                                                       going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and
                                                       sat on it.  His appearance was like lightning
                                                       and his clothes were white as snow.  The
                                                       guards were so afraid of him that they shook
                                                       and became like dead men."

                                                      "The angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid,
                                                        for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who
                                                        was crucified.  He is not here; he is risen, just
                                                        as he said.  Come and see the place where he
                                                        lay.  Then go quickly and tell his disciples:
                                                        He has risen from the dead and is going ahead
                                                        of you into Galilee.  There you will see him.
                                                        Now I have told you."
                                                                                                 Matthew 28:2-7


                                                           **********


          The Greek word for resurrection very literally means to "stand back up."

           I'm so thankful that Jesus died for me and stood back up, appeared to many, and
           then returned home to the Father, where He intercedes for me and all believers today.

           I'm so glad that God chose me, elected me, called me, justified me, redeemed me,
           forgave me, sanctified me, preserved me, and saved me.

           Jesus is risen!  He is risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment