Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Father's Will



          My daddy went home to be with the Lord in 1991.   He was a good Christian
      man who taught me right from wrong, and set a fine example of what a Christian
      should be.

          He prayed with his family, and for his family, and made sure we went to church
     every Sunday morning and night (even if The Wizard of Oz was on TV).

          Daddy worked at his job at the paper mill for 37 years, and provided a good
     living for us. 

          He wanted what was best for his children, and did what was necessary to take
     care of us.

           Like most children, I didn't always do what he wanted me to do, but I wanted to
     please him when I could.


                                                                  **********


          Our Heavenly Father wants what is best for His children, and the Bible
     tells us what His will for them is.

          Jesus, being the Son of God, wanted to please His Father, and so He always did
     what His Father wanted Him to do.


                                               [Jesus said], "All that the Father gives me
                                               will come to me, and whoever comes to me
                                               I will never cast out.

                                               For I have come from heaven, not to do my
                                               own will but the will of Him who sent me.
                                               And this is the will of Him who sent me,
                                               that I should lose none of all that He has
                                               given me, but raise them up at the last day.

                                               For my Father's will is that everyone who
                                               looks to the Son and believes in Him shall
                                               have eternal life, and I will raise him up at
                                               the last day."
                                                                                  John 6:37-40


                                                                **********


         John MacArthur writes:

                                             "The security of salvation rests in the sovereignty
                                               of God, for God is the guarantee that 'all' He has
                                               chosen will come to Him for salvation.

                                               The idea of 'gives me' is that every person chosen
                                               by God and drawn by God (John 6:44) must be
                                               seen as a gift of the Father's love to the Son.

                                               The Son receives each 'love gift,' holds on to each,
                                               and will raise each to eternal glory.

                                               No one chosen will be lost (Romans 8:38-39).
                                               This saving purpose is the Father's will, which the
                                               son will not fail to do perfectly (John 6:38; 10:28-29;
                                               17:6,12,24)."

No comments:

Post a Comment